Kindergarten & New Registration for 2020-21

Fri, 02/21/2020 - 2:53pm

Kindergarten and New Student Registration

Kindergarten and New Student Registration

Registration for kindergarten and new students in grades 1 through 5 at Thunder Hill Elementary for the 2020/2021 school year will be held on Monday, March 9th through Friday, March 13th, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  Online registration for the 2020/2021 school year is now open.   You may begin the registration process online, however you will be required to stop into the office during the dates/times above to complete the process.  

  • Children entering KINDERGARTEN in the fall of 2020 must have been born between September 2, 2014 and September 1, 2015.
  • Children entering GRADE 1 in the fall of 2020 must have been born between September 2, 2013 and September 1, 2014.

Students who are currently enrolled in any HCPSS prekindergarten program are not required to re-register for Kindergarten.  We will be notified by the current school about these students. However, if you have a prekindergarten student who will attend Thunder Hill, please contact the front office for additional information that is provided to parents when registering their child at THES.

Documents that are required at time of registration:

  • Parent picture ID: driver’s license, passport, MVA identification or other legal form of photographic identification.
  • Signed original, current lease or deed with your address, valid dates, signatures.
  • Current utility bill with name and address (non-cellular telephone, gas and electric, cable bill issued in the last 45 days.)
  • Student’s evidence of birth (birth certificate, passport/visa, physician’s certificate, baptismal or church certification, hospital certificate parent’s affidavit or birth registration.) Must be the original.
  • Proof of parental relationship, custody, or guardianship. If applicable, bring legal proof of custody (court order).
  • Student’s current proof of immunizations signed by physician.
  • Student’s most recent grade report, transcript, report card from last school attended at time of withdrawal. (Grades 1-5)
  • Documentation of Special Education (IEP), 504, Psychological Report, or related services. If applicable.
  • Any additional paperwork that may be necessary due to special living arrangements or circumstances. (Please review Frequently Asked Questions on website for additional enrollment information.)

Please note: If you are registering a new student who has siblings at Thunder Hill, you must still bring an original signed deed or lease and a current second proof of residence (utility, telephone, or cable bill) to register the new student.

Pass this information on to your friends.  We will continue to register through the spring and summer with an appointment, but we would like to get all potential students registered as early as possible.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the Thunder Hill front office at