Dear Parent or Guardian of Kindergarten, First, Second, and Third Graders,
Your child may participate in an oral health education visit and receive an oral screening exam by a licensed dental professional on Friday, December 9, 2016. A consent form will be sent home today. Please SIGN and return no later than Monday, NOVEMBER 28, 2016 if you would like for your child to have the exam.
Our dental staff will evaluate the following:
• Dental Complaints: (pain, infection, etc)
• Oral Hygiene: (excellent, good, fair, poor)
• Soft Tissues: (tongue, tonsils, cheeks, lips, palate, etc.)
• Oral Habits: (thumb sucking, grinding, etc.)
• Hard Tissues: (cavities, missing/loose teeth, occlusion, etc.)
In addition, a fluoride application to prevent decay will be applied to all of your child’s teeth. There will be no charge for these services. This screening of course does not take the place of an examination by a dentist. Good oral health is important to the overall health of your child.
Health Care Team
Thunder Hill Elementary School